The main attraction at this year’s Gala will be a Wizard of Oz themed children’s Party. The party will take place on both Saturday and Sunday with two parties on each day starting at 1.00pm and 3.00pm on each day. It is expected that the parties will run for about one hour, some of the graphics and special effects we will be using could frighten very young children and so although parties are open to children from 3–11 years we would recommend that parents consider how their children might react to this before purchasing a ticket. All children attending must be accompanied by an adult. Entrance to the parties will be by pre-booked tickets only. We strongly advise that you purchase these in advance of the event as the parties are very popular.
- Parmars Newsagents Chinley
- Buxworth Memorial Club
- Stephanie McNicholas, 74 Western Lane, Buxworth, 01663 733 843
Run by St James’ Church, the Teddy Bear Games arena is the place to give your Teddy Bear some fun. Very brave Teddies can experience being launched by canon high up in the air to land safely with their parachute. For the more sedate teddies they can try trip on a radio controlled boat or tethered to balloon. Please bring along your Teddy Bear [maximum weight 500g] to the Gala. St James’ Church will also have a tent on site for quiet prayer, healing or other needs.
Sandra is a professional facepainter and glitter tattoo artist, travelling the Inland Waterways with her husband and boat ‘Areandare’, brightening up the faces and arms of children and adults alike.
The Gala café will be re-located to the central basin area for the 2016 event, and staffed by a team of local volunteers. All proceeds from the café go towards the main fundraising total.
Local Historian Keith Holford will be showing a display of photographs and press cuttings covering everyday life as it was in the village of Bugsworth, Canal Basin and surrounding areas.
Three half-hour demonstrations on each day showing hot metal riveting on the Peak Forest Tramway replica Wagon which will eventually be a permanent display feature in the Bugsworth Basin.
The Etherow Model Boat Club will bring along a great selection of their radio controlled boats. The boats will be operating from the central area of the event and children [and parents] will be able to take control of a boat under the guidance of one of the Etherow members.
There will be a selection of military vehicles brought along by independent owners and displayed at the event.
There will be a number of narrow boats moored at the basin during the event which will form a floating market.
- Home Brew will be selling kits and equipment to make your own commercial quality beer, wine, and cider customers can produce alcohol easily by following the simple instructions, in the comfort of their home, for a fraction of the price.
- Golden Boyz will be selling a wide range of Doggie Gifts and items for the owners, Our range for doggies includes treats such as venison chews, doggie popcorn, hot cross buns, doggie pies, antler chews, doggie toys, leads, collars and bandanas. For humans, we stock 3D dog breed pictures, glove puppets, stickers, pens, ornaments, baseball caps, games and much more
- Stiff Ripples will be selling Pirate Hats, Flags,Toys and Ethnic Goods.
- Croc’s The Vinyl Cut creates unusual artwork, hand-cut out of old LPs using a very fine saw. Commissions undertaken.
- The Art Boat selling small original paintings, prints and cards.